The gentle solution to heel pain and talagia
The foot orthosis provides effective support for the treatment of talagia or calcaneal spurs – because eradicating chronic heel pain and talagia on a long-term basis is no easy matter. The orthopedic foot orthosis relieves pressure on the muscles, tendons and ligaments with every step, thereby reducing pain below the heel. Support is additionally provided for the foot arches.
- A synthetic core provides cushioning and fan-like relief of pressure on the tendons – prevents pain at the heel bone
- Specially constructed to relieve pressure on the painful heel area and other painful symptoms
- Suitable for use in leisure and business shoes thanks to its slimfit design
Relieves pressure with every step
The special hole notches and the intelligent fan design of the synthetic orthotic core ensure a noticeable relief of pressure on the painful heel area. This particularly painful and pressure-sensitive area is again provided with extra cushioning. The foot orthosis allows for virtually pain-free walking.
Designs and uses
The construction of the foot orthosis is optimally suited to the symptoms of calcaneal spurs and talagia. If the foot orthosis is used for therapeutic support, it is possible to avoid chronic symptoms and, consequently, painful treatment. It is available in both a slimfit and a wide design and therefore fits most leisure and business shoes, provided that these have a removable sole with a thickness of approx. 3 mm and a corresponding width.
Only available from medical retailers
The professional heel involves working with a model. It is therefore only available from a medical retailer – an orthotist. The orthotist will take all the necessary measurements of the foot and diagnose the status of the foot using digital measurement technology/foam imprint/ink imprint/physical examination. Following this measurement process, the orthotist will then modify the model to produce a custom-made foot orthosis, taking the relevant footwear into account. Thanks to a foot orthosis of this kind, a standard shoe can be made into a customized shoe.
- Synthetic foot orthosis with a low construction height
- The synthetic orthotic core is specially shaped
Construction of the foot orthosis
1) Microfiber top cover:
This top cover provides a comfortable contact layer with the foot. The presence of silver ions helps to prevent both bacteria and odors.
2 and 3) Cushion layer with PU pad:
This layer, made of EVA, has a tear-shaped window to hold the PU pad. The heel bone is therefore particularly well cushioned.
4) Met pad
5) Synthetic core:
The core also contains a groove for additional cushioning in the heel area. The plantar fan design relieves pressure on the tendon path.
6) Globofit cushion
7) Bottom cover:
The bottom cover ensures a non-slip contact surface between the foot orthosis and the shoe and contains an additional cushion in the heel area.
- Suitable for people with talagia/calcaneal spurs
- High-quality and durable materials mean that the foot orthosis remains effective
- even after prolonged use – but this does fundamentally depend on the load
- We recommend that the functional properties should be checked regularly (after a maximum of 6 months)
- Wipe the surfaces using a mild cleanser and a sponge (except leather top covers)
- Not machine-washable
- Do not expose to direct heat (heater, direct sunlight)
Modification instructions - Specially for medical retailers
- The outline of the orthosis can be ground in a taper shape – easy to grind (grinding belt and pumice stone, grain 80-100)
- Good for bonding (standard workshop adhesives)
- Free positioning of pads and modifications are possible before the cushion layer is bonded into position
- Flat foot/splayfoot
- Mild and moderate severity of hollow foot (1)
- Post-traumatic foot deformities (1)
- Knee joint/back pain (1)
(1) depending on the severity of the foot, knee or back deformity
- Cushioning in the heel area and support for flattened foot arches or for foot arches subjected to heavy loads, relief of pressure on the tendon path
Tips for healthy feet
You can find information here about how to keep your feet in top condition!
When selecting your foot orthosis, think about the area of your life in which you wish to use it. The type of foot orthosis depends on the footwear worn. The shoe and the foot orthosis must fit together.