GenuTrain® NBA Knee Support
GenuTrain® NBA Knee Support
GenuTrain NBA is a premium knee support trusted by NBA athletes and professional athletic trainers throughout the league. NBA GenuTrain’s innovative design delivers superior comfort, stability and pain relief to players overcoming injury.
Innovative Omega pad surrounds patella and delivers targeted massage to areas most prone to pain and swelling
Relieves pain and swelling associated with: knee sprain, strain, tendonitis, runners and jumpers knee
Medical-grade compression stimulates healing blood flow to reduce swelling and strengthen muscles and tendons that move the knee
Active knit® is lightweight, breathable and moisture-wicking for maximum comfort
*Exclusions apply. NBA-licensed products excluded from all discounts and promotions.
An Officially Licensed product by the NBA, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain NBA Knee Brace offers next level knee support for pain & endurance on & off the basketball court. Developed for the needs & requirements of professional athletes, the Bauerfeind team set out to design a knee support that is flexible and durable to provide stability on the court when running, jumping, dribbling and shooting.
Knit Fabric: Unlike most knee braces or sleeves on the market, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain NBA Knee Brace is made of a specially knit fabric instead of neoprene. Where neoprene can only be made in a cylindrical form and requires straps to hold it in place & loses shape over time, the knit fabric solves all these issues. The knit material is created in the looms within our production facilities in Germany, features medical grade compression that improves the bloodflow in the leg for endurance and recovery, retains it's shape for a longer period of time, is washable and above all - it doesn't require straps to fit securely on your knee. The fabric contours to the shape of your thigh, knee and calves when sized correctly for a tight, yet supportive, fit.
Patella Pad: The omega patella gel pad is patented by Bauerfeind to provide superior knee pain relief from pains such as jumpers knee, arthritis knee pain, post surgery recovery support and other knee issues. The patella pad keeps the knee cap in place while playing basketball and allows you to feel comfortable on the court with a stabilized knee.
Trusted Reputation & History
Partnered with NBATA: The National Basketball Athletic Trainers Association has worked in partnership with Bauerfeind since 2003. NBA Teams have trusted the GenuTrain line of products and 27 teams within the NBA currently purchase a variety of Bauerfeind products to support their best athletes. Together these two organizations are dedicated to providing the best sports medical care solutions for professional basketball athletes.
- Omega Gel Pad: The viscoelastic omega pad within the NBA knee brace is designed to fit around the kneecap to keep the patella tracking in place while playing basketball. The patella support helps to absorb shock and relieve pain while running & jumping on the court. The Hoffa pads are small nubs on the omega patella pad located below the knee. The small pads exert light pressure to relieve pain in common pain areas. The meniscus wings seen on each side of the omega patella pad are part of Bauerfeind’s patented design for pain relief.
- Spiral Stays: Located on the sides of the brace, the spiral stays to ensure the support fits comfortably & snug around the knee for optimal pain relief and stabilization while also retaining shape & assisting in sliding on & off after use.
- Knitted Fabric: Breathable knit is a is comfortable to wear and keeps moisture away from the body. As opposed to cheaper, neoprene alternatives that don’t regulate temperature during athletic activities and lose their elasticity, knit alternatives are a superior fabric option due to retaining shape & compression, durability and the breathability factor. The brace is machine washable in the gentle cycle, which helps maintain its elasticity and original fit.
- Hollowed Knee Area / Cushioning: The custom design of the NBA Knee Brace features extra soft cushioning in the hollow of the knee. This helps prevent bunching of fabric while playing basketball and provides additional breathability to an increased temperature area for comfort and endurance
- Comfortable Bands: The elastic knit fabric and additional gripping zones on the top & bottom bands of the knee support eliminate the need for bulky straps and velcro featured in most neoprene braces. Since our braces are knit they have been designed to anatomically contour to your leg and remove the need for straps to keep the brace tight. Just ensure to properly size yourself and the fabric & compression
Can I wash it?
Machine wash your brace in cold water using the gentle or delicate cycle. Wash separately using a laundry detergent with no additives (do not use fabric softener or Woolite). Lay your support flat and let it air-dry; do not put it in the dryer. Proper washing and drying helps your knit support maintain its elasticity and original fit.